How to Use Coconut oil for Dry scalp and Dandruff Treatment
Use of coconut oil in hair care is very common in southern parts of India and in other Asian countries. This oil has a small molecular structure, which makes it ideal in scalp and hair care. Its natural moisturizing properties help soothe and moisturize the dry scalp. This oil is also helpful in the treatment of dandruff. You can use this oil in variety of ways to get rid of dry scalp and dandruff naturally. This oil not only help condition your scalp but also will keep many hair problem at bay. Given below are some easy tips and ways on how to use coconut oil for dry scalp and dandruff treatment.
Coconut oil for Dry scalp and Dandruff Treatment
- First of all, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This step will help your to get rid of oils and other impurities from the scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp with coconut oil using your finger tips. Leave it on your head for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- For dandruff, use this oil as a as a pre-wash conditioning treatment before showering. Simple, apply massage your skin with coconut oil and leave it on for about half an hour before using a good quality anti-dandruff shampoo.
- You can also mix coconut oil with other natural ingredients to make an effective remedy against dandruff. Like, use coconut oil and lemon juice for dandruff by mixing two cups of warm water, juice of one lemon and two tbsp of coconut oil. Apply it mix on your scalp. Do this before going to bed at night. Use this twice every month.
- Make another remedy for dandruff by boiling some neem leaves with coconut oil. Add lemon juice and castor oil to the mixture. Apply it on your hair to get rid of flaky scalp and head lice naturally.
There were some simple tips on how to use coconut oil for dry scalp and dandruff treatment. Use this remedy on a regular basis to keep various scalp related problems at bay. Lastly, make some changes into your diet and lifestyle to prevent these conditions. Like:
- Avoid sugar or sugary foods, fermented foods and dehydration causing substances like coffee, tea and alcohol. Make a healthy diet by including plenty of fruits and vegetables and also drink lot of water to stay hydrated.
- Always use lukewarm water for washing purpose.
- Follow some good personal hygiene habits.
- Stress and lack of sleep can also trigger these problems. So, use stress reliving techniques such as yoga, medication or any other relaxing therapy to keep mental tensions at bay,
Do not forget to consult with a dermatologist to get an appropriate treatment.