Causes of Gurgling Stomach
Are you concerned about the loud noise from stomach after eating or on an empty stomach? If yes, then you are not alone, as it is one of the most common stomach problems that can affect anyone regardless of age and gender. This stomach gurgling noises can be a cause of embarrassment. There is no need to be panic because in most of the causes gurgling is not a serious health related problem. But, still it is better to take an expert advice of your doctor. Some common causes of gurgling stomach are listed below.
- Intake of certain food items which are hard to digest like beans, cabbage, melon, etc.
- Long interval between two meals is the main cause behind gurgling noises on an empty stomach.
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as indigestion, constipation, IBS or irritable bowel syndrome, stomach flu, etc. are also responsible for this stomach problem.
How to Stop Gurgling Stomach
Usually this problem doesn’t require any medical treatment. Just make some changes into your diet and lifestyle to treat this problem safely and naturally.
- The first step you should take is to increase your daily water intake. Water helps boost up the digestion process. It is also helpful in relieving constipation and trapped stomach gas.
- Secondly, make some changes into your diet, Avoid gas producing food and other hard-to-digest types of food items. Salty foods, fatty foods, and spicy food should also be avoided. Include lot of fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Another best way to prevent stomach gurgling is to eat smaller meals frequently. Avoid the habit of eating 2 big meals. This step will help minimize the interval between the meals.
- Try to avoid those reasons which are responsible behind gurgling noises and one such common cause it swallowing air while eating and drinking.
- Drink herbal tea to get rid of gurgling stomach after eating. You can use peppermint tea, caraway tea or chamomile tea for this purpose.
- A mixture of ginger and jaggery is an effective remedy that can give you an instant relief from gurgling stomach.
- Smoker and drinkers are more prone to this condition. So, try to say low on no to these habits.
Hope this information about the causes and treatment for gurgling stomach will help your to treat your problem effectively. If you notice some other symptoms like pain, nausea, vomiting, etc., then also you must consult to your doctor as soon as possible.