Medicinal Uses and Health Benefits of Loquat Leaves
Our mother nature is full of various medicinal and healing substances. One such wonderful soothing and healing substance is loquat or Japanese plum leaf. This leaf is blessed with many medicinal properties as well as health benefits. It also contains an ample amount of anti-oxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, potassium, phosphorous and other nutrients. You can use it in many ways like in the form of a tea to cure problems like nausea, diarrhea, mental worries, upset stomach, swelling etc. You can also use the fruit of this plant to relieve issues like vomiting, excessive thirst etc. Here are some medicinal uses and benefits of using Japanese plum leaf.
Uses and Benefits of Loquat Leaves
- The extract of this leaf is laden with anti-aging qualities. Anti-oxidants that help neutralize harmful toxins and free radicals. These leaves can also be used to prepare several remedies which are useful in increasing body’s immunity. Daily intake of loquat tea helps keep several diseases and infections at bay.
- This natural substance is also helpful for diabetes sufferers. Leaf of this plant is blessed with tormentic acid which is helpful in the production of insulin.
- Due to the presence of Amygdalin (a natural cleansing agent), intake of these leaves helps boost up the liver’s ability to remove poisons and toxins from the body. In short, loquat helps in body detoxification.
- Anti-inflammatory property of this plant can help you to get rid of several inflammatory skin issues such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis etc. You can use loquat based creams to treat edema or allergic skin reaction. Moreover, these soothing leaves also contain some chemicals that helps fight against skin cancer.
- According to the latest research, these leaves are loaded with several acids that help combat several viruses. Furthermore, Japanese plum leaf is also said to be effective in the treatment of HIV.
How to Make Loquat Leaf Tea
A tea prepared from these leaves is famous for its calming, appetite suppressant, anti-inflammatory, healing, skin beautifying, cancer fighting, anti-viral and insulin regulating properties. In order to prepare this medicinal tea, put four cups of water and about five grams of dried and powdered leaves. Heat the mixture for a few minutes and allow it to steep for about 10-15 minutes. Strain the liquid and drink it.
Here are some points that you should keep in mind before preparing this tea.
- Always use plain water (not distilled or hard water).
- Avoid aluminum kettle and use cast iron or stainless steel kettle instead.
These were some medicinal uses and benefits of loquat leaves for the health. Now, consume its tea on a regular basis to reap all the aforementioned advantages. In order to prevent any possible side effect, you are advised to consume these leaves in the recommended amount. According to the naturopaths, the recommended dose of this leaf is five to twelve grams (dried leaves) and 15 to 30 grams if you have fresh leaves. Lastly, pay a visit to a naturopath to know more about the benefits and other adverse effects of Japanese plum leaves.