Side Effects of Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment
Keratin hair treatment is a popular method of turning frizzy and curly locks into straight hair. This treatment uses a natural protein known as keratin to add shine and soft texture to the hair. This method is considered to be an effective and natural way of straightening hair. But, there are various side effects related to this treatment. Here are some pitfalls of keratin hair treatment.
Side Effects of keratin Hair Treatment
- Too much of hair loss is one of the common side effect of keratin treatment. Many people who have had this treatment, notice excessive hair loss just after the treatment. Not only that, this hair fall is so overwhelming that it give rise to a prominent thinning pattern.
- Formaldehyde is an active ingredient of keratin treatment products. This is a well known carcinogenic substance. Hence, frequent treatments may harm the quality of your hair and also increase the risk of cancer.
- Another side effect of this treatment is degradation in the texture and quality of your hair. Your hair will become dry and messy.
- This treatment can also cause skin allergic reaction. If you notice itching, irritation or rashes on your skin, consult with a dermatologist immediately. One of the best ways to avoid this skin allergy is to choose an appropriate product according to your hair and skin type and avoid using it on the sensitive skin.
- Exposure to formaldehyde may also cause opacification of the eyes and even vision loss. So try to avoid such exposure as much as possible.
- Formaldehyde can also irritate the nasal and respiratory tract in some people.
This is a short note on the side effects of keratin hair treatment. Keep these points in your mind and think twice before going for one such treatment.