Sesame Oil for Skin Benefits
Sesame oil or gingelly oil is one of the best oils that you can use in skin care. This is plant seed based oil which is well known for its skin nourishing properties. This medicinal oil is commonly used in the preparation of various Ayurvedic skin treatments and medicines. It is loaded with lots of nutrients which makes it beneficial for the skin and the overall health. You can get these nutrients by using it topically or consuming it with you food.
It is a rich natural source of vitamin E. This vitamin is very beneficial for the skin’s health. This oil also has skin rejuvenating vitamins like vitamin A and B. Minerals like copper, zinc, phosphorous etc are also present in sesame oil. This oil also contain good amount of anti-oxidants. If you want to achieve well nourished and glowing skin then give this oil a try, you’ll definitely be amazed with the results.
Benefits of Sesame Oil for Skin
- This oil is free from any major side effects so, you can freely use it to achieve a beautiful glowing skin. You can also mix it with other oils to get even more benefits.
- Sesame oil is loaded with vitamin E. This moisturizing vitamin helps moisturize the skin and you know- well moisturized skin equals radiant skin. Apply this oil regularly to keep it well moisturized, hydrated and nourished. Sun block and sunscreen properties of sesame oil helps protect the skin from sun damaged.
- Sesame oil massage is very helpful in the cure and prevention of dry scalp, dry skin and several other scalp, hair and skin related problems. Massage also helps maintain healthy blood circulation.
- Healing properties of sesame oil is helpful in the repair of damaged skin.
- Topical application is also known to be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of psoriasis, eczema, acne etc.
- The antioxidant content of sesame helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So, use it regularly to get younger looking skin naturally.
- You can also use this oil to detoxify your skin. Just apply warm oil and wait for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
There were some sesame oil benefits on the skin. Apply this oil on your face, hands, legs to make then soft and moisturized. You can also mix almond oil castor oil to make it more useful for the skin.