How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Care
Many of us have a bottle of apple cider vinegar in our medicine cabinet or in the kitchen cupboard. This ingredient is all-in-one beauty product that can do miracles on your skin. You can easily achieve a younger looking, glowing and healthy skin by using it in your skin care regimen. It is rich in potassium, which plays a major role in cell regeneration. Its acidic nature helps maintain the normal pH of the skin. Moreover, it also has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and virus fighting properties. In order to get maximum benefits, choose natural brand of apple cider vinegar. Also, do not use it directly on the skin; dilute it before using it topically.
Furthermore, skin beautifying effects of apple cider vinegar will help enhance your complexion. It also has skin softening and exfoliating agents like lactic acid and malic acids which are beneficial in treating several skin issues including dark complexion, acne, blemishes etc. There are lots of ways in which you can use this ingredient for skin care. Some of them are given below.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin
Aspirin and Vinegar for Clear Complexion
A combination of these two exfoliating ingredients can be used to clear acne scars, skin pigmentation and dull looking skin. Mix powder of five uncoated aspirin tablets with half ounce of ACV and three ounce of distilled water. Use it as a face mask.
Itchy and Irritated Skin
If you are facing a problem of mild itching and irritation then add a cup of ACV into your bathing water to soothe your skin.
ACV is a natural source of malic acid that helps neutralizes the harsh effects of sunburns. Dilute it with some water and apply this diluted ACV on the affected areas by using a cotton ball. Or, mix one or two cups in your bathing tub and soak your body for about 20 minutes.
Acne/ Pimples Natural Cure
- Mix a cup of rose water(or you can use orange blossom water), few drops of lavender essential oil, ½ cup of ACV and ¼ cup of honey together. Use a cotton ball to apply this liquid on your face. Allow it to sit on your face for overnight.
- Another remedy for acne is to boil some green tea in a cup full of water. Strain the cool mixture and mix it with 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar. Use this on your skin every night before going to your bed.
- You can also make anti-pimples and anti-acne face mask using ACV. Just mix 2 parts of it with one part of green clay. Apply the final paste on your face and wait for about 20 minutes before removing it with cold water.
Moisturizing Mask for Soft Skin
If your skin is dull and dry then use this face mask to make it soft, supple and bright. Mix two spoons full of ACV with one teaspoon each of olive oil and honey. Smear it evenly on your face and wash with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
Age Spots Removal
The sulfur content of apple cider vinegar is helpful in the cure and prevention of various aging skin related issues including fine lines and age spots. To use it, simply mix it with half an amount of onion juice and apply it on the problem sites.
Remove Blemishes Easily
Applying diluted ACV on the blemished area to get rid of skin blemishes naturally. Use this remedy every night before heading towards your bed.
Fix Your Blotchy Skin
Are you concerned about the blotchy appearance of your skin? Don’t worry, just dilute some vinegar with water and apply it on your skin. Wait for 5 minutes and then wash it off. Finish by applying fresh aloe vera gel.
Remove Skin Tags at Home
Just use a cotton ball and apply some ACV on the skin tag. Keep it on for about 20 minutes. Do this on a daily basis.
Skin Toners Using ACV
Skin toning is a vital part of a skin care routine. You can mix apple cider vinegar to create natural toners at home. You should use it after each time when you cleanse your skin. Here are some skin toners using vinegar.
- Recipe#1-Mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1:4
- Recipe#2- For Oily Skin, Mix 1/3 cup of ACV with 2 cups of witch hazel extract and 6 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Recipe#3-For dry skin, use a paste of mashed papaya fruit and vinegar.
Vinegar Foot Soak
Make a mixture by combining equal quantity of vinegar and water. Soak your feet in the mixture to treat various foot related issues like tired feet, fungal infections etc.
This was a short article on – how to use apple cider vinegar for skin care. Now, use this miraculous beauty ingredient to increase your appearance and looks.