How to Get Rid of Oily Nose
Having oiliness on the nose is another common beauty related issue which is faced by large number of population all over the globe notably by those who have oily or combination skin. The main reason behind this problem is the presence of large and overactive oil producing glands. Other possible causes may include heat, humidity and hormonal change. Presence of sebum on this facial area makes it susceptible to issues like whiteheads, blackheads, dirt and infections. The most efficient way to keep these problems at bay is to keep your nose oil free and clean as much as possible. Given below are some tips on how to fix oily skin on nose.
How to Treat Oiliness on Nose
- First of all do your best to keep the area neat and clean. This step is essential as it helps eliminate grease, impurities and excess oil from your skin. You can do this by using an oil free face cleanser. Try to go for mild tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide based over-the-counter product. Keep in mind, over cleansing will make your condition worse, so try to cleanse your face no more than twice daily.
- After cleansing, use a good quality and alcohol free toner. This will help you to eliminate extra greasiness and harmful bacteria.
- If you want you can also use scrub to exfoliate the area and for this you can use either mild market brought product or your own homemade scrub. Here are two good recipes for you.
Honey and Almond Scrub Recipe
Make a paste of honey and ground almonds. Use this paste to remove oils, blackheads and other greasy skin related issues.
Baking Soda and Oats
- Finally, moisturize your skin using an oil-free moisturizer. Choose product that comes with mattifiers and sunscreen.
- Apart from these tips, use of oil absorbing tissues is also effective in reducing extra oiliness.
Here are some home remedies that you can make and use to remove oily/shiny nose skin.
- Use fresh and slightly diluted juice of lemon to get rid greasiness. Apply some juice on the cotton ball and use this ball to clean the area. Use this remedy thrice daily. You can dilute this juice with cucumber juice and tomato juice. This combination will clean and shrink your pores. It is also useful in eliminating acne, scars or any other pigmentation related problem and blemishes.
- When dealing with oiliness, apply a thin layer of fresh aloe vera gel on your skin. Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse off with water. This herbal remedy will give you oil free and fresh looking skin.
- Another good cure for your problem is to use a mixture of vinegar and water. Simply apply the resultant solution on your face by using a cotton ball. Wash your face after 10 minutes to have grime and oiliness free skin naturally.
- Facial steaming is another good treatment that you can use to prevent greasy skin issue. Steam treatment should be finished by washing your face with a mild cleanser and applying an oil free moisturizer.
- Try to increase your daily water intake. This will detox your skin as well as your body. Also, stay away from dehydrating substances like alcohol, coffee, tea etc.
These were some commonly used tips and remedies for greasy nose. A healthy diet is also crucial therefore you need to increase the consumption of fruits, green leafy vegetables, anti-oxidants rich food items. Lastly, avoid salt, sugar, fast foods, animal fat and spicy foods as much as possible.