Ayurvedic Tips and Remedies for Glowing Skin Complexion
Having a healthy glow on skin can help boost our confidence. We spend lot of money and time in beauty parlors to beautify our skin. There is no need to visit a parlor or spend money on costly chemical laden stuff because you can easily achieve beautiful complexion at home by just following some simple ayurvedic tips and remedies. Use of ayurveda can be very useful and for those who want to make their skin healthy and radiant naturally. You can easily get glow on your dull, dry, lifeless and blemished skin just by making some changes into your diet and skin care.
According to Ayurveda, there are three types of skin doshas – Vatta, pitta and kapha. It is essential to know your skin dosha in order to prevent and treat it effectively. If you have vatta then your skin will become dry, rough, flaky, loose and wrinkled. Pigment disorder, rashes, acne and pimples are some common complaints of people with pitta dosha. Enlarged pores, excessive oily skin and blackheads are some common symptoms of kapha skin. Here are some tips that you can use to prevent and get rid of these doshas naturally.
- Take essential steps to protect your skin from cold temperature.
- Upon waking up, the first best thing that you can do is to drink a mixture of one glass of warm water and juice of one lemon.
- Eat according to your dosha. Try to go for green leafy vegetables and whole grain.
- Increase your daily water intake.
- Always use mild and herbal skin care products.
- First of all avoid eating spicy and oily foods as much as possible.
- Hydrate your body by drinking water and fresh fruit juices like aloe vera, melon, coconut and blueberries juice.
- Use gentle skin care product.
Eat healthy and balanced diet to keep your skin and digestive system healthy. You can also include spices like ginger and black pepper to boost up your digestion. Make a weekly skin detoxification and exfoliation routine to get rid of toxins and dead skin cells. Here is one good ayurvedic exfoliating facial scrub recipe for you.
Mix one tablespoon of rice flour with some sandalwood powder (Chandan powder), ½ tablespoon of milk powder and a spoon full of gram flour (besan). Put some rose water and plain water to this mixture to form a paste. Use this recipe on a weekly basis to scrub your face.
Apart from the aforementioned tips, include the below given ayurvedic facial mask recipes into your skin care regimen.
Milk is an excellent skin cleanser. You can use raw milk to cleanse your face. Just soak a cotton ball in it and rub it on your facial areas. You can also mix some lemon juice to increase its cleansing effects. This remedy will give you a flawless glow.
Aloe Vera Mask
Use of aloe vera facial mask can also do wonders on your skin. This magical plant is famous for its anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-bacterial, soothing and healing properties. Just apply fresh aloe vera gel on your skin. You can use this gel daily.
Marigold Flower Mask
Make a paste by combining marigold flower petals and one tablespoon of honey and some milk. Spread it on your facial skin and wash it with water after 15 minutes. Besides making your skin glowing, this aromatic mask will help treat issues like loose pores, acne and zits. You can also use rose petals for the same.
Turmeric and Gram Flour Mask
This mask is popular for its medicinal as well skin beautifying properties. In many Asian countries new grooms and brides use it to get glow on their skin instantly just before their marriage. Simply combine four tablespoon of gram flour with half a spoon of turmeric. Add some rose water and raw milk to make a paste. Use this pack on a weekly basis to have a luminous complexion naturally.
Sandalwood Powder Face Pack
To prepare this mask, combine sandalwood powder either with plain water or with rose water. Spread the final paste on your face and keep it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing. Use this twice or thrice every week. This cooling and relaxing mask will also help you to get rid of pimples and will your skin soft, glowing and flawless. To make this mask even more relaxing and beneficial add a pinch of turmeric, two drops of rose oil and a drop lavender oil.
Weekly Facial Steaming
Try to give your face a weekly steam treatment to make it luminous, soft and clean. You can use mint and basal leaves for this purpose. Put them in to the boiling water, add some lemon juice and salt into it. After this treatment, use it to soak your hand and feet (use lukewarm water only).
Some Useful Tips
- Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet. Also, do not forget to consume seeds and nuts. These all food items will provide you all skin friendly vitamins, minerals and other nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids.
- Warm oil massage can be used to treat dry, flaky skin. You can use almond or coconut oil for this purpose.
- Take an adequate amount of sleep to keep your skin, body and mind in their healthy state.
- Keep distance from stress and anxiety. For this, you can practice some meditation and other relaxation techniques.
These were some good ayurvedic tips and remedies for glowing skin complexion. Follow them to have a natural glow on your face and skin.