Almond oil for Dry Skin
Almond oil is widely used in various beauty treatments such as in skin care, hair care, nail care, aromatherapy preparations etc. Here we are going to use sweet almond oil to treat dry, flaky skin at home. Almond oil is highly beneficial in the treatment of skin dryness because it contains natural moisturizing, nourishing, skin softening and healing properties that helps prevent and cure various dry skin related problems including itching, irritation, chapped skin, fine lines etc. This oil contains lot of nourishing nutrients like oleic acid, linoleic acid etc. It also has vitamins like vitamin A, B, D and E. So, regular application of this oil will help you get rid of dry chapped skin condition and will also give you the following benefits.
Benefits of Almond Oil on Skin
- It will give you a glowing, flawless complexion and a healthy looking skin.
- You will get an instant relief from itchy, inflamed, irritated and rough skin.
- Regular massage of this oil will also help remove/ lighten the appearance of blemishes, black marks, under eye dark circles, stretch marks and other pigmentation related issues.
- Anti-oxidants present in almond oil will help slow down the aging process, so you’ll also get an aging free complexion.
How to Use Almond Oil for Dry Skin
As you can see, there are many benefits of using sweet almond oil on dry skin. One good thing about this oil is that, it is well suited for every skin type. Given below are some tips regarding usage of almond oil for face and remaining body parts.
- Have moisture on dry skin by applying sweet almond oil on it. Just apply it on your face or any other part of your body and gently massage the area for five minutes. For best result, do this moisturizing treatment at night before bed.
- If your skin is too dry or sensitive skin, then just massage almond oil on your skin for a few minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- For itchy and irritated skin, mix a few drops of this oil with a good moisturizing lotion and apply it on the problem areas to soothe them.
- Warm oil massage is also helpful in getting rid of dry, flaky skin. Before going to your bed, massage your skin with lukewarm almond oil. You can also use this remedy to get rid of dry scalp, cracked heals etc.
Best Nourishing and Moisturizing Mask for Dry Skin
To make this face mask, mix one tablespoon of sweet almond oil, one mashed banana and one teaspoon of milk cream together. Smear over your cleansed skin. Wait for about 20 minutes and then wash off. Again, moisturize your skin.
Honey and Almond Oil Face Mask
Mix one egg yolk, two tablespoons of honey and a few drops of almond oil. Apply it on your face and wash off after 15 minutes. Honey due to its hygroscopic properties, help bind the water and prevent water loss from the skin cells. Egg yolk will help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
These were some tips on how to use almond oil for dry skin treatment. Use this wonder oil and have a well moisturized, soft, glowing skin.