Multani Mitti Benefits for Skin and Hair
Multani mitti also known as fuller’s earth in English is commonly used in various beauty products and treatments. This clay has amazing cleansing and absorbing properties and hence is it widely used to treat excess oil, acne, blocked pores and is also useful in the treatment of various hyper-pigmentation based issues such as acne scars, freckles, dark spots etc. This soil is packed with various minerals and this quality make fuller’s earth immensely helpful for beauty treatments. Also, there are many benefits of multani mitti for hair and one the top advantage of using this clay for hair is that it doesn’t cause any harm to locks. Due to its mild nature it is commonly used for the preparation of different hair packs. You know that this soil act as a good absorber so you can use it to remove oiliness form hair and scalp. Given below are some skin and hair mask recipes but before preparing those recipes let’s take a quick look on some other benefits of multani mitti for hair and skin.
Multani Mitti Benefits
- Its mild skin bleaching effects help improve the skin complexion and due to its skin fading quality it also helps eliminate various skin discoloration related issues.
- Fuller’s earth face mask helps facilitate the blood circulation.
- This clay can help gets you rid of a lot of skin issues such as oily skin, skin impurities, acne, blemishes, pimples, tanned skin etc.
- When used in the form of hair mask, it helps condition the hair.
- Cleansing Properties of this soil helps remove toxins, build up and excess oils from the hair and scalp.
- It also helps improve various scalp conditions like dandruff, scalp acne, eczema etc.
- You can also use multani mitti as a compress to relive insects bites, muscle pain, menstrual cramps.
Now, we are going to prepare some of the best face mask and hair packs using multani mitti.
Multani Mitti Face Masks
Acne Prone Oily Skin
Mix powdered multani soil with a few drops of rosewater to make a thick mixture and apply it to the skin. Give it some minutes to cool and soothe your skin and then rinse off. Get maximum benefits by adding some orange juice in place of rose water.
Note:- When on fuller’s earth facial treatment, avoid facial movements like talking, laughing etc. These movements may cause wrinkles.
Get Rid of Dry Flaky Skin
Mix equal quantities of multani mitti, besan (gram flour) and chandan powder (sandalwood powder) together. Add some water to make a thick paste. Use it as a facial mask to have a cleansed skin.
Treat Dark Patchy Skin
Mix one spoon each of fuller’s earth, mint powder and plan yogurt. Keep this paste on your face for 20 minutes and after that wash it off with water.
Remove Pimples and Pimple Marks
Make a mask to get rid of existing pimples and to treat black marks caused by pimples. For this, mix two spoons of fuller’s earth, a teaspoon of neem leaves paste and 4 powdered cloves, a pinch of camphor and rose water to form thick a paste mixture. Apply it on the problem areas.
Get Glow like a Celebrity
Mix two tablespoons of multani mitti with one tablespoon each of honey and papaya. Smooth it on your facial skin and wash off after some time.
Multani Mitti Hair Packs
Dull and Damaged Hair Treatment
First of all, give you locks some moisture and for this massage you hair with sesame oil and keep it on for an hour. Now, apply multani mitti paste on it and wait for few minutes before washing.
Awesome Multani mitti Hair Mask
Things you’ll need:
- 4 teaspoons of Multani Mitti
- ½ a cup of plain yogurt – This will help prevent the hair fall and condition your hair.
- Juice of half lemon- This juice will give your hair its natural shine and will also help remove dandruff and impurities from the scalp.
- 2 teaspoons of Honey – It will condition and beautify your hair naturally.
Mix all these ingredients together and apply this pack on your hair. Keep it on your head for some time and then shampoo and condition your hair.
Add these recipes into your skin and hair care routine to have a beautiful, radiant hair and skin at home without losing your money on costly beauty treatments.