The main reason behind dry and chapped lips is lack of moisture and this can be due to various causes such as lack of lip care, wind, low humid conditions, dehydration, sun exposure, lack of nutrients in diet etc. Our lips are more delicate and hence they are more prone to dryness, chapping and cracking. So, if you want to have soft, smooth lips then you should make a good lip care routine by incorporating some basic lips care tips into it. Given below are some basic tips and remedies on how to treat dry chapped lips naturally.
Basic Lip Care Tips
- Try to keep your lips hydrated and moist and the simplest thing you can do for this is to drink plenty of water daily. Water helps to maintain the proper hydration level of not only your lip skin but the skin all over the body as well.
- As you know, lack of nutrients can also cause dry, dull and lifeless lips. So, make a balanced food menu to have soft and pinkish lips naturally.
- The next tip for lip care is to keep the well moisturized, especially during the winter season. You can use a good quality lip balm or lip gloss for this purpose. Many lip balms also come with sun protection factor.
- One of the best tips to prevent dry chapped lips is to avoid the habit of licking the lips as much as possible.
Use these tips to safeguard your lips and move on to the next section on how to cure dry peeling lips naturally.
How to Treat Dry Chapped Lips Naturally
- Use purified butter or melted butter or ghee to get rid of your dry cracked lips problem. Just apply some warm ghee on your lips. Use this remedy before going to your bed.
- Use natural moisturizing and healing properties of honey to get soft, smooth and pink lips. Just apply it before bed time to get maximum benefits from honey remedy. You can mix it with a little amount of glycerin to make this remedy even more fruitful.
- Application of milk cream is also an effective treatment for chapped lips. It also has mild exfoliating properties that help to remove dead skin cells to reveal softer and smoother lips.
- Application of oils such as olive oil, castor oil, almond oil is also beneficial.
- Healing properties of aloe vera gel can also help you to get rid of dry, cracked lips within a few days.
- If you have too sensitive lips then use can use shea butter.
These were some tips on how to treat dry chapped lips naturally at home. Lastly, always try to use good quality lip care brands and if your lip condition is severe then you must pay a quick visit to a dermatologist.