How to Get Rid of Dark Upper Lip Skin
Dark skin on upper lip can have myriad of causes including cosmetic products, lack of lip care, sun exposure, hair removal, over bleaching, birth control pills, aging process, smoking, injury, hormonal fluctuation mainly in pregnancy and consumption of beverages like alcohol, coffee, tea etc. This pigmentation problem can affect anyone regardless of his/her age. The first step that you should take is to make a good lip care regimen. This step will help you to prevent and treat this pigmentation problem effectively.
You can use various over-the-counter products like hydroquinone, kojic acid ir tretion based skin bleaching products. You can also go for a skin therapy like laser treatment, dermaberasion etc. Consult your dermatologist to get an expert advice on therapies used to treat this condition. Apart from this, you can take several steps to lighten or to get rid of dark upper lip skin naturally. Here are some remedies and tips on how to get rid of dark upper lip naturally at home.
How to Get Rid of Dark Upper Lip
- As you know, both lemon and honey have natural skin fading properties in them. So, use a mixture of these both to lighten the affected area. For this, dilute two tablespoons of lemon juice with half spoon of honey. Apply this mixture on your lip on regular intervals. Use this remedy daily for several weeks.
- Cucumber juice is also loaded with skin bleaching effects. You can apply it on the problem area to get rid of your problem naturally. Or, use it with other skin fading ingredient like lemon juice or tomato juice to get maximum benefits.
- Mix pomegranate juice with a few drops of beet juice. Apply this mix on your upper lip. Wait for a few minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- A paste prepared by combining turmeric, honey, milk and chickpea flour is also beneficial in the fading process.
- Exfoliate your lip to get rid of you problem. This process will help remove dead pigmented cells from the skin. You can use a paste of rice powder and yogurt for this purpose. After your exfoliation step, apply some almond milk or you can also use almond oil and allow it to sit on your lip for about an hour. Use this remedy on daily basis.
- Make a paste by combining one egg white, one tablespoon of oatmeal and one teaspoon each of plain yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Apply this mix on your face and upper lip. This remedy will lighten your skin tone.
These were some tips on how to get rid of dark upper lip skin. Apart from these tips, take essential steps to prevent this problem in future. Keep your lips well moisturized. You can use Vaseline or lip balm for this purpose. Avoid sun exposure and always use a good sunscreen. Avoid such habits which are responsible for causing pigmentation problems such as smoking, coffee and tea.